Join us in celebrating Cambridge's sister city connection with Le Quesnoy on Bastille Day and through the July school holidays - there's things for kids & adults to do! We look forward each year to our shops and cafes that get into the French spirit. So grab your beret and let's go French for the day!
For the kids - all through the school holidays
- Letters to Le Quesnoy - 12th -23rd July, children aged 6-12 can write a postcard to children at Chevray Primary School in Le Quesnoy, France. Simply pick up a Cambridge-themed postcard for free from the Cambridge Museum, Library or i-SITE, write a message or drawing on the postcard and drop it in the Le Quesnoy box at any of these three venues. All the postcards will be packaged up together and sent to Chevray School.
- Eiffel Tower Lego Challenge - For kids aged 3 to 12 years old at the Cambridge Museum. Build an Eiffel Tower and go in the draw to win a family pass to Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari.
For more info https://cambridgemuseum.org.nz...
For the adults 14th - 16th July
- Movie Soiree - Come to our movie soiree (movie and social get-together) - Wednesday 14 July, starts 5.15pm at Tivoli Cinema, movie starts 6.45pm. $18 Movie and nibbles (drinks are purchased separately) - book direct with Tivoli phone 823 5064 before 13 July.
- Enjoy French cuisine at Que Bar Wednesday 14 July - Bastille Day 4 Course Menu & French Wine Tasting $95pp (phone Que Bar on 07 949 7699 to book).
- Enjoy French cuisine at The Boatshed Cafe French night, 6pm, Friday 16 July $45pp for three courses (email email@example.com to book).